2012-07-04

The reptile post

We were out for a walk and found a snake and a lizard... we saw a couple other snakes also, but they were very fast....

Found a large headed aggressive garter snake while out for a walk, faded off white stripe....  My daughter asked me why it was so large headed and the color looked faded out compared to the usual yellow striped garter snakes - I told her it was zombified... she didn't believe me sort of, and kept asking if zombies were real... I finally even called my friend to back it up, but he told her there were no zombies.
I've seen cobras and other snakes attack cameras, but this is the 1st garter snake I have seen do this.  I also have some high rez snaps of it on my blog
Cute widdle lizard!
Garter snake - It actually looks more like some of the large headed garter snakes we saw near Tacoma back in the 80s when we were kids, then the usual local garter snakes
Its all about the timing... see that snake tongue
K holding the snake before we let it go
A cute widdle crocodile lizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment